The search is on to find the ideal presents to give to our loved ones this holiday season. For many of us, the best gifts we can give are those that will benefit our children and grandchildren for decades to come – gifts they’ll enjoy and that are also sustainable.
If you’re planning to purchase hardwood floors for your family’s home, you can rest knowing that the products Mansion Hill Custom Floors sell and install are not only look beautiful but are socially responsible.
Wood floors are the most environmentally friendly flooring option available
- The hardwood forests that provide flooring products are growing more than twice as fast as they are being harvested.1
- Because wood floors can last hundreds of years, they use fewer raw materials, energy and natural resources than other flooring options.2
- Wood also stores carbon dioxide during its service life and can ultimately be recycled for other uses or burned as fuel. 2
- Studies comparing wood to other flooring surfaces show wood as having the lowest environmental impacts and best results for low greenhouse gas emissions. 3
- Wood floors improve air quality. 4
Our commitment to environmental responsibility
Mansion Hill Custom Floors is part of the National Wood Flooring Association. The NWFA has a responsible procurement program, which is a joint initiative between leading environmental groups and industry manufacturers committed to producing and promoting wood floors that come only from environmentally and socially responsible sources, improving forest sustainability for future generations.
Sources 1 U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service 2 University of Wisconsin Wood Products Program Solid Wood Flooring Life Cycle Analysis 3 Bergman, R. & Hubbard, S., (2018, August/September). “The Data Behind Wood Flooring’s Sustainability Story.” Hardwood Floors, 2(4), 48-53. 4 United States Environmental Protection Agency